Maoists abduct police constable in West Midnapore district
Jhargram (WB): Suspected Maoists abducted a
police constable and his father-in-law from Mohuli village on
the West Bengal-Jharkhand border.
Police said Sarkar Hembram (27) and his father-in-law
Khelaram Tudu were called out by six armed miscreants,
suspected to be Maoists, at Mohuli village in the Beliabara
police station area in West Midnapore district last evening,
and were whisked away in their motorbikes to an unknown
While Tudu was released after a while, Hembram is still
missing and is believed to be in their custody.
Hembram, a constable posted in Purulia court, was on
leave after his recent marriage.
Police said the abductors carried sophisticated weapons
and their faces were covered with black clothes.
A search operation has been launched to trace the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees