Maoists abduct police constable in West Midnapore district
Jhargram (WB): Suspected Maoists abducted a
police constable and his father-in-law from Mohuli village on
the West Bengal-Jharkhand border.
Police said Sarkar Hembram (27) and his father-in-law
Khelaram Tudu were called out by six armed miscreants,
suspected to be Maoists, at Mohuli village in the Beliabara
police station area in West Midnapore district last evening,
and were whisked away in their motorbikes to an unknown
While Tudu was released after a while, Hembram is still
missing and is believed to be in their custody.
Hembram, a constable posted in Purulia court, was on
leave after his recent marriage.
Police said the abductors carried sophisticated weapons
and their faces were covered with black clothes.
A search operation has been launched to trace the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video