Maoists blow up building, set afire community hall
Midnapore: Maoists blew up a building housing the office of a farmers` organisation and set afire a community hall in Jhargram sub-division of West Midnapore district early on Friday.
Police said that a large group of ultras raided Bandhgora village a little after 1 am and triggered a landmine blast in front of the building, housing the Krishak Sabha
office, blowing it up.
The group then attacked the neighbouring village of Radhanagar where they set ablaze a community hall, triggering panic among the villagers.
Jhargram Sub Divisional Officer, C Muragan, said the Radhanagar attack followed yesterday`s attack by activists of the PCPA in retaliation to the setting ablaze of several
houses of PCPA supporters by residents of six neighbouring villages to avenge the killing of Srikanta Mondal, a school employee, by the Maoists the day before.
A successful anti-Maoist resistance movement at Radhanagar village has kept the ultras away for sometime which explained the successive Maoist attacks on the village, police
Mondal was killed because he had mobilised the people against the Maoists, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured