Maoists blow up building, set afire community hall
Midnapore: Maoists blew up a building housing the office of a farmers` organisation and set afire a community hall in Jhargram sub-division of West Midnapore district early on Friday.
Police said that a large group of ultras raided Bandhgora village a little after 1 am and triggered a landmine blast in front of the building, housing the Krishak Sabha
office, blowing it up.
The group then attacked the neighbouring village of Radhanagar where they set ablaze a community hall, triggering panic among the villagers.
Jhargram Sub Divisional Officer, C Muragan, said the Radhanagar attack followed yesterday`s attack by activists of the PCPA in retaliation to the setting ablaze of several
houses of PCPA supporters by residents of six neighbouring villages to avenge the killing of Srikanta Mondal, a school employee, by the Maoists the day before.
A successful anti-Maoist resistance movement at Radhanagar village has kept the ultras away for sometime which explained the successive Maoist attacks on the village, police
Mondal was killed because he had mobilised the people against the Maoists, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February