Maoists blow up offices of self-help group, CPI-M
Kolkata: Suspected Maoists blew up a self-help group`s office and torched a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) office in West Midnapore district early Monday, police said.
However, no casualty was reported.
"Two land mines were blasted in a selp-help group`s office in Patashimul area of Jhargram early today. The entire building was damaged. We suspect the Maoists active in the area are involved in the crime," said Additional Police Superintendent Mukesh Kumar.
"The Maoists looted the machines and other materials. Later, they set ablaze the All India Krishak Sabha (peasants wing of the CPI-M) office," Kumar told a news agency over phone.
Maoists are active in three western districts of West Bengal - West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video