Maoists blow up offices of self-help group, CPI-M
Kolkata: Suspected Maoists blew up a self-help group`s office and torched a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) office in West Midnapore district early Monday, police said.
However, no casualty was reported.
"Two land mines were blasted in a selp-help group`s office in Patashimul area of Jhargram early today. The entire building was damaged. We suspect the Maoists active in the area are involved in the crime," said Additional Police Superintendent Mukesh Kumar.
"The Maoists looted the machines and other materials. Later, they set ablaze the All India Krishak Sabha (peasants wing of the CPI-M) office," Kumar told a news agency over phone.
Maoists are active in three western districts of West Bengal - West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss