Maoists blow up offices of self-help group, CPI-M
Kolkata: Suspected Maoists blew up a self-help group`s office and torched a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) office in West Midnapore district early Monday, police said.
However, no casualty was reported.
"Two land mines were blasted in a selp-help group`s office in Patashimul area of Jhargram early today. The entire building was damaged. We suspect the Maoists active in the area are involved in the crime," said Additional Police Superintendent Mukesh Kumar.
"The Maoists looted the machines and other materials. Later, they set ablaze the All India Krishak Sabha (peasants wing of the CPI-M) office," Kumar told a news agency over phone.
Maoists are active in three western districts of West Bengal - West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez