Maoists call for boycott of Srikrishna Committee
Kolkata: Maoists on Sunday gave a call for
boycott of Justice B N Srikrishna Committee, entrusted by the
Centre to look into Telangana statehood issue, describing the
terms of reference of the panel as "betrayal of people".
"The terms of reference of Srikrishna Committee set up by
the Union government are a betrayal of the Telangana people,"
Maoist leader Kishenji said over phone from an undisclosed
After committing to create a separate Telengana state out
of Andhra Pradesh, the central government was now hatching a
conspiracy to backtrack from the promise, the Maoist leader
"All MPs and MLAs from Telangana should resign
immediately and people of the region should unite for a
greater movement to realise creation of Telegana state,"
The five-member panel has been given time till December
31 to submit its report.
He also asked the central government to stop the proposed
joint operation against the ultras in four Naxal-affected
"Withdraw joint forces, stop torturing common people and
create a healthy atmosphere for constructive discussion," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list