Maoists condemn life sentence for Binayak Sen
Kolkata: Condemning the life sentence given
to rights activist Binayak Sen by a Raipur court, the Maoists warned the Central government of more attacks in the
"The life imprisonment of Binayak Sen shows the real face
of the Indian government. If Binayak Sen is charged with
treason then all citizens should be charged with it," a letter
undersigned by Maoist spokesperson Bikram said.
Taking responsibility for the killing of seven Forward
Block supporters ten days ago and a COBRA personnal in Purulia
district, the letter said, "This is our answer to Operation
Greenhunt. We take the full responsibility for the killings."
The letter warned that if the anti-Maoist operations were
not withdrawn, "there will be more deadly attacks in 2011 and
the government should be prepared to take responsibility for
It also slammed Left Front partner Forward Bloc, saying
that the party has become fascist.
"Our battle with them will continue," the letter stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH