Maoists kill CPI-M leader in Bengal
Kolkata: Maoist guerrillas Wednesday shot dead a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader in West Bengal`s West Midnapore district, police said.
"(CPI-M leader) Tapan Dolui was shot dead from a point blank range by Maoists while he was ploughing his agricultural land adjacent to his village in Jhargram sub-division," West Midnapore Police Superintendent Manoj Verma said.
Dolui was a member of CPI-M`s Belatikri local committee.
A police team has rushed to the spot, Verma added.
Maoists are active in three western districts of the state - West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you