Maoists kill CPI-M leader in Bengal
Kolkata: Maoist guerrillas Wednesday shot dead a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader in West Bengal`s West Midnapore district, police said.
"(CPI-M leader) Tapan Dolui was shot dead from a point blank range by Maoists while he was ploughing his agricultural land adjacent to his village in Jhargram sub-division," West Midnapore Police Superintendent Manoj Verma said.
Dolui was a member of CPI-M`s Belatikri local committee.
A police team has rushed to the spot, Verma added.
Maoists are active in three western districts of the state - West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble