Maoists kill CPI-M leader in Bengal
Kolkata: Maoist guerrillas Wednesday shot dead a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader in West Bengal`s West Midnapore district, police said.
"(CPI-M leader) Tapan Dolui was shot dead from a point blank range by Maoists while he was ploughing his agricultural land adjacent to his village in Jhargram sub-division," West Midnapore Police Superintendent Manoj Verma said.
Dolui was a member of CPI-M`s Belatikri local committee.
A police team has rushed to the spot, Verma added.
Maoists are active in three western districts of the state - West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed