Maoists kill CPI-M leader in Bengal
Kolkata: Maoist guerrillas Wednesday shot dead a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader in West Bengal`s West Midnapore district, police said.
"(CPI-M leader) Tapan Dolui was shot dead from a point blank range by Maoists while he was ploughing his agricultural land adjacent to his village in Jhargram sub-division," West Midnapore Police Superintendent Manoj Verma said.
Dolui was a member of CPI-M`s Belatikri local committee.
A police team has rushed to the spot, Verma added.
Maoists are active in three western districts of the state - West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!