Maoists kill CPI-M leader in Bengal
Kolkata: Maoist guerrillas Wednesday shot dead a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader in West Bengal`s West Midnapore district, police said.
"(CPI-M leader) Tapan Dolui was shot dead from a point blank range by Maoists while he was ploughing his agricultural land adjacent to his village in Jhargram sub-division," West Midnapore Police Superintendent Manoj Verma said.
Dolui was a member of CPI-M`s Belatikri local committee.
A police team has rushed to the spot, Verma added.
Maoists are active in three western districts of the state - West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch