Maoists kill CPI-M worker
Jhargram: Suspected Maoists on Monday shot dead a CPI-M worker at Jhargram in West Midnapore district.
The police said 42-year-old Gagan Mahato of Birihari village, who was an employee of West Bengal government, was shot from close range when he was going to office this morning.
A group of unknown gunmen stopped the vehicle he was travelling and pulled him out and killed him.
He was a supporter of CPI-M and a clerk of state irrigation department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced
- Check UBSE / UEEB 12th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 12th Exam Results 2016 declared
- FSSAI probing 'cancer-causing bread' issue, may ban harmful food additives
- Afghan Taliban confirms death of Mansour, names Haibatullah Akhundzada as new leader
- We envy you, Sonakshi Sinha!– Here's why