Maoists kill CPI-M worker
Jhargram: Suspected Maoists on Monday shot dead a CPI-M worker at Jhargram in West Midnapore district.
The police said 42-year-old Gagan Mahato of Birihari village, who was an employee of West Bengal government, was shot from close range when he was going to office this morning.
A group of unknown gunmen stopped the vehicle he was travelling and pulled him out and killed him.
He was a supporter of CPI-M and a clerk of state irrigation department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- We are now talking to China eye-to-eye, raising issues of Indian interests boldly: PM Narendra Modi
- Release date of Salman Khan starrer 'Sultan' announced!
- What you need to know about dietary supplements!
- Euro 2016: Italy Vs Spain, England Vs Iceland; players to watch out for
- Govt pursuing black money very aggressively: Jayant Sinha