Maoists kill CPI-M worker
Jhargram: Suspected Maoists on Monday shot dead a CPI-M worker at Jhargram in West Midnapore district.
The police said 42-year-old Gagan Mahato of Birihari village, who was an employee of West Bengal government, was shot from close range when he was going to office this morning.
A group of unknown gunmen stopped the vehicle he was travelling and pulled him out and killed him.
He was a supporter of CPI-M and a clerk of state irrigation department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed