Maoists kill school teacher in West Bengal
Kolkata: The body of a school teacher, suspected to have been killed by Maoist guerrillas, was found in West Bengal’s trouble-hit West Midnapore district Tuesday, police said.
Local people found the body of Satyanarayan Hansda near a field in Goaltore area of the district Tuesday afternoon.
“Hansda was a teacher of Vivekananda High School in Purulia. We suspect he was killed by the Maoists guerrillas who later dumped the body at Goaltore area in the district,” West Midnapore police superintendent MK Verma said.
He said that a probe had already been initiated into the incident.
“We’re trying to determine why the perpetrators killed the school teacher and dumped his body at Goaltore area while he actually hails from neighbouring Purulia district,” he added.
The Maoist ultras are active in three south Bengal districts - Bankura, Purulia and West Midnapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony