Maoists kill school teacher in West Bengal
Kolkata: The body of a school teacher, suspected to have been killed by Maoist guerrillas, was found in West Bengal’s trouble-hit West Midnapore district Tuesday, police said.
Local people found the body of Satyanarayan Hansda near a field in Goaltore area of the district Tuesday afternoon.
“Hansda was a teacher of Vivekananda High School in Purulia. We suspect he was killed by the Maoists guerrillas who later dumped the body at Goaltore area in the district,” West Midnapore police superintendent MK Verma said.
He said that a probe had already been initiated into the incident.
“We’re trying to determine why the perpetrators killed the school teacher and dumped his body at Goaltore area while he actually hails from neighbouring Purulia district,” he added.
The Maoist ultras are active in three south Bengal districts - Bankura, Purulia and West Midnapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites