Maoists kill school teacher in West Bengal
Kolkata: The body of a school teacher, suspected to have been killed by Maoist guerrillas, was found in West Bengal’s trouble-hit West Midnapore district Tuesday, police said.
Local people found the body of Satyanarayan Hansda near a field in Goaltore area of the district Tuesday afternoon.
“Hansda was a teacher of Vivekananda High School in Purulia. We suspect he was killed by the Maoists guerrillas who later dumped the body at Goaltore area in the district,” West Midnapore police superintendent MK Verma said.
He said that a probe had already been initiated into the incident.
“We’re trying to determine why the perpetrators killed the school teacher and dumped his body at Goaltore area while he actually hails from neighbouring Purulia district,” he added.
The Maoist ultras are active in three south Bengal districts - Bankura, Purulia and West Midnapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal