Maoists kill school teacher in West Bengal
Kolkata: A school teacher, who was a member of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M), was Saturday shot dead by Maoists in West Bengal`s West Midnapore distruct, police said.
Dibakur Mahato, a CPI-M member of Aguboni local committee and a teacher of Salboni Primary school, was shot dead during school hours Saturday morning, said Superintendent of Police (Jhargram) Praveen Tripathi.
According to locals, a group of five-six armed rebels came to Salboni school on motorbikes and dragged Dibakar out of the classroom, took him to the highway number 9 and shot him dead.
"His body was found on the State Highway-9 between Jhargram and Lodhasuli. We were informed by the locals and his body was recovered," Tripathi said.
According to a senior police officer, the Maoists are trying to capture the Aguboni area but are not able to venture into the area because of the resistance put up jointly by the CPI-M cadres and villagers.
On Sep 1, Maoists shot dead Abinash Mahato, the CPI-M zonal committee secretary of Beliabera, and branch committee secretary Nirmal Bag near Lodhashuli in Jhargram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy