Maoists kill school teacher in West Bengal
Kolkata: A school teacher, who was a member of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M), was Saturday shot dead by Maoists in West Bengal`s West Midnapore distruct, police said.
Dibakur Mahato, a CPI-M member of Aguboni local committee and a teacher of Salboni Primary school, was shot dead during school hours Saturday morning, said Superintendent of Police (Jhargram) Praveen Tripathi.
According to locals, a group of five-six armed rebels came to Salboni school on motorbikes and dragged Dibakar out of the classroom, took him to the highway number 9 and shot him dead.
"His body was found on the State Highway-9 between Jhargram and Lodhasuli. We were informed by the locals and his body was recovered," Tripathi said.
According to a senior police officer, the Maoists are trying to capture the Aguboni area but are not able to venture into the area because of the resistance put up jointly by the CPI-M cadres and villagers.
On Sep 1, Maoists shot dead Abinash Mahato, the CPI-M zonal committee secretary of Beliabera, and branch committee secretary Nirmal Bag near Lodhashuli in Jhargram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read