Maoists kill Trinamool Congress worker in Purulia
Purulia (WB): Maoist guerrillas on Friday killed
a Trinamool Congress worker on the suspicion that he was
working for the police at Balarampur in Purulia district.
Some armed Maoists called 52-year-old Jeetu Singh Sardar
to a place near his home in Ghatbera village and strangulated
him with an iron wire, Purulia Superintendent of Police Sunil
The police found Sardar`s body lying by the side of a
pond where some Maoist posters were found strewn. The posters
claimed that Sardar has been killed for being a police
informer and member of an anti-Maoist vigilante group.
Trinamool Congress activists, led by the state`s Self
Help Group and Self Employment minister, Shantiram Mahato,
have been campaigning against Maoists in the area for sometime
urging people to take part in development activity.
Mahato said Maoists would not be able to stop development
in Jangalmahal comprising Purulia and two other districts of
West Midnapore and Bankura by killing their activists like
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?