Maoists kill Trinamool Congress worker in Purulia
Purulia (WB): Maoist guerrillas on Friday killed
a Trinamool Congress worker on the suspicion that he was
working for the police at Balarampur in Purulia district.
Some armed Maoists called 52-year-old Jeetu Singh Sardar
to a place near his home in Ghatbera village and strangulated
him with an iron wire, Purulia Superintendent of Police Sunil
The police found Sardar`s body lying by the side of a
pond where some Maoist posters were found strewn. The posters
claimed that Sardar has been killed for being a police
informer and member of an anti-Maoist vigilante group.
Trinamool Congress activists, led by the state`s Self
Help Group and Self Employment minister, Shantiram Mahato,
have been campaigning against Maoists in the area for sometime
urging people to take part in development activity.
Mahato said Maoists would not be able to stop development
in Jangalmahal comprising Purulia and two other districts of
West Midnapore and Bankura by killing their activists like
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets