Maoists kill two CPI-M leaders in West Bengal
Kolkata: Two Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leaders were killed by Maoists in West Bengal’s Bankura and West Midnapore districts Sunday, police said.
A police officer said the body of Parmeshwar Murmu was found near his house in the Ranibandh Police station area.
Murmu, a member of CPI-M’s Jamagoria local committee, was abducted by a group of armed Maoists Saturday night from his house.
The body of another CPI-M leader Sisuranjan Mahato, who was taken captive from his house at Dhangasole village of West Midnapore district Saturday night, was also found at Mirgan close to Salboni police station.
"Around 10 Maoists barged into Mahato’s house last (Saturday) night and took him away. His body, with multiple injury marks, was found four km away at Mirgan today (Sunday)," said another police officer.
The Maoists have been active in the state’s three western districts of Bankura, Purulia and West Midnapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH