Maoists kill two CPI(M) men during bandh
Jhargram: Two CPI(M) workers were shot dead by suspected Maoists in West Midnapore district, where the ultras are observing a bandh on a slew of demands including withdrawal of joint forces from the area.
Police said two bullet-riddled bodies were found this morning on the road linking Kalabani to Fansitala near Ektal village under Jhargram police station.
Police said the bodies could not be immediately removed as a can bomb-like object was lying nearby. Bomb squad personnel were informed.
The bandh called by the Maoists affected normal life in the Maoist-hit forested areas where no shops, offices or educational institutions were open, and no vehicles were seen
Meanwhile, people of Radhanagar village have capturedan armed Maoist who, along with five others, had come to attack the village last night.
Radhanagar was in the news earlier in July also as it had resisted the attempt of the Maoists and leaders of People`s Committee against Police Atrocities to forcefully
make the people attend their rallies.
The villagers told reporters that six armed Maoists had tried to attack the village but the villagers chased them with traditional weapons and managed to catch one of them, identified as Kalu Mahto.
They said Kalu and his teammates wanted to go to Jhargram to eliminate a contractor but could not enter the town due to strong security measures. Then they came to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened