Maoists offer to surrender at Mamata`s residence
Kolkata: Two Maoists, who tried to meet West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at her residence Saturday to surrender, were detained by the police.
The two Maoists were taken to the Kalighat police station.
The two ultras wanted to meet the Chief Minister with an offer of surrender as they were unable to get the rehabilitation package meant for Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth