Maoists offer to surrender at Mamata`s residence
Kolkata: Two Maoists, who tried to meet West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at her residence Saturday to surrender, were detained by the police.
The two Maoists were taken to the Kalighat police station.
The two ultras wanted to meet the Chief Minister with an offer of surrender as they were unable to get the rehabilitation package meant for Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!