Maoists ransack, set afire forest beat office in WB
Kolkata: Suspected Maoists ransacked and set afire a forest beat office, after bashing up its employees at Sarenga in West Bengal`s Bankura district Saturday night, police said on Sunday.
Police added that the ultras also threatened the employees with dire consequences if they returned to work there.
A group of 100 left wing rebels torched files and documents before fleeing.
This is the third attack on a forest beat office by the Maoists this month. The radicals are active in areas under 30 police stations in Bankura, West Midnapore and Purulia districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to get cheaper; circle rates might be slashed
- Shame! This man approached UP Police to register complaint, was forced to polish cops' shoes instead – Watch
- Mood swings! What's on Parineeti Chopra's mind?