Maoists ransack, set afire forest beat office in WB
Kolkata: Suspected Maoists ransacked and set afire a forest beat office, after bashing up its employees at Sarenga in West Bengal`s Bankura district Saturday night, police said on Sunday.
Police added that the ultras also threatened the employees with dire consequences if they returned to work there.
A group of 100 left wing rebels torched files and documents before fleeing.
This is the third attack on a forest beat office by the Maoists this month. The radicals are active in areas under 30 police stations in Bankura, West Midnapore and Purulia districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH