Maoists set ablaze three trucks in Jhargram
Jhargram: The helper of a truck
sustained burn injuries when suspected Maoists set three
trucks on fire on NH-6 at Jhargram in West Midnapore district
for allegedly violating "Bharat Bandh" called by them.
The police said Maoist cadre set ablaze two iron
ore-laden trucks coming from Orissa at Purnapani. They also
set on fire a truck going from Kolkata at Guptamani on the
same highway, the police said.
The helper of a truck - Ajay Kumar Giri - received
burn injury and was admitted to a nearby government hospital.
Maoists have called "Bharat Bandh" today to protest
rise in the prices of essential commodities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued