Maoists set ablaze three trucks in Jhargram
Jhargram: The helper of a truck
sustained burn injuries when suspected Maoists set three
trucks on fire on NH-6 at Jhargram in West Midnapore district
for allegedly violating "Bharat Bandh" called by them.
The police said Maoist cadre set ablaze two iron
ore-laden trucks coming from Orissa at Purnapani. They also
set on fire a truck going from Kolkata at Guptamani on the
same highway, the police said.
The helper of a truck - Ajay Kumar Giri - received
burn injury and was admitted to a nearby government hospital.
Maoists have called "Bharat Bandh" today to protest
rise in the prices of essential commodities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her