Maoists set ablaze three trucks in Jhargram
Jhargram: The helper of a truck
sustained burn injuries when suspected Maoists set three
trucks on fire on NH-6 at Jhargram in West Midnapore district
for allegedly violating "Bharat Bandh" called by them.
The police said Maoist cadre set ablaze two iron
ore-laden trucks coming from Orissa at Purnapani. They also
set on fire a truck going from Kolkata at Guptamani on the
same highway, the police said.
The helper of a truck - Ajay Kumar Giri - received
burn injury and was admitted to a nearby government hospital.
Maoists have called "Bharat Bandh" today to protest
rise in the prices of essential commodities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'