Maoists set ablaze three trucks in Jhargram
Jhargram: The helper of a truck
sustained burn injuries when suspected Maoists set three
trucks on fire on NH-6 at Jhargram in West Midnapore district
for allegedly violating "Bharat Bandh" called by them.
The police said Maoist cadre set ablaze two iron
ore-laden trucks coming from Orissa at Purnapani. They also
set on fire a truck going from Kolkata at Guptamani on the
same highway, the police said.
The helper of a truck - Ajay Kumar Giri - received
burn injury and was admitted to a nearby government hospital.
Maoists have called "Bharat Bandh" today to protest
rise in the prices of essential commodities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday