Maoists set afire CPI(M) leader`s house
Purulia (WB): Maoists raided the house of a
CPI(M) leader at Purudih in the district and set it afire,
police said Saturday.
A group of about 60 armed Maoists raided the house of
CPI(M) local committee secretary Buddhan Paramanik and after
not finding him there set it ablaze last night.
They also looted paddy stocked in the house, police said,
adding the Maoists left behind posters warning that anyone who
tilled Paramanik`s land would meet the same fate.
This was the second time that the Maoists had attacked
Paramanik`s house, they added.
Purulia is among the three Maoist-affected districts
collectively known as `jungle mahal` where anti-Maoist
operations are underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video