Maoists support Gorkhaland movement
Kolkata: Extending support to the people of
Darjeeling hills for their demand for Gorkhaland, a Maoist
leader on Tuesday said that the state government and the Centre should
withdraw forces or else the movement will be more dangerous.
In a press statement issued by Maoists, Bikram, Maoist
spokesperson in charge of Purulia, said that "the demand of the
people of the hills like that of Junglemahal is justified and
the government should provide them a separate state."
"The people of the hills have a different culture. If
they are given a separate state, then that will help to
maintain good relations with the people West Bengal", Bikram
"The government is using bullets, police, central
forces and muscle power to throttle the voice of the people",
the statement charged.
"CPI-M has become puppet in the hands of capitalists
and imperialists", it alleged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India