Maoists support Gorkhaland movement
Kolkata: Extending support to the people of
Darjeeling hills for their demand for Gorkhaland, a Maoist
leader on Tuesday said that the state government and the Centre should
withdraw forces or else the movement will be more dangerous.
In a press statement issued by Maoists, Bikram, Maoist
spokesperson in charge of Purulia, said that "the demand of the
people of the hills like that of Junglemahal is justified and
the government should provide them a separate state."
"The people of the hills have a different culture. If
they are given a separate state, then that will help to
maintain good relations with the people West Bengal", Bikram
"The government is using bullets, police, central
forces and muscle power to throttle the voice of the people",
the statement charged.
"CPI-M has become puppet in the hands of capitalists
and imperialists", it alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video