Maoists support Gorkhaland movement
Kolkata: Extending support to the people of
Darjeeling hills for their demand for Gorkhaland, a Maoist
leader on Tuesday said that the state government and the Centre should
withdraw forces or else the movement will be more dangerous.
In a press statement issued by Maoists, Bikram, Maoist
spokesperson in charge of Purulia, said that "the demand of the
people of the hills like that of Junglemahal is justified and
the government should provide them a separate state."
"The people of the hills have a different culture. If
they are given a separate state, then that will help to
maintain good relations with the people West Bengal", Bikram
"The government is using bullets, police, central
forces and muscle power to throttle the voice of the people",
the statement charged.
"CPI-M has become puppet in the hands of capitalists
and imperialists", it alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users