Maoists support Gorkhaland movement
Kolkata: Extending support to the people of
Darjeeling hills for their demand for Gorkhaland, a Maoist
leader on Tuesday said that the state government and the Centre should
withdraw forces or else the movement will be more dangerous.
In a press statement issued by Maoists, Bikram, Maoist
spokesperson in charge of Purulia, said that "the demand of the
people of the hills like that of Junglemahal is justified and
the government should provide them a separate state."
"The people of the hills have a different culture. If
they are given a separate state, then that will help to
maintain good relations with the people West Bengal", Bikram
"The government is using bullets, police, central
forces and muscle power to throttle the voice of the people",
the statement charged.
"CPI-M has become puppet in the hands of capitalists
and imperialists", it alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!