Maoists threaten Tatas on Singur
Kolkata: Maoists on Saturday threatened the Tatas
to withdraw the Singur case from the Calcutta High Court or
else they would go for an indefinite economic blockade in all
their installations including Tata Steel Plant at Jamshedpur.
"If the Tatas try to grab land and paralyse the economic
life of the people of Singur, then we will also think of
indefinite economic blockade in all the factories of the
Tatas, including the Tata Steel Plant at Jamshedpur,"
CPI(Maoist) state committee member and spokesperson Bikram
said in a press release here.
Criticising the Mamata Banerjee government, Bikram said
it was wrong to divide the farmers in the name of willing and
unwilling because nobody gave their land willignly.
"We demand that the entire 1000 acres of land be returned
to the farmers," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film