Maoists threaten Tatas on Singur
Kolkata: Maoists on Saturday threatened the Tatas
to withdraw the Singur case from the Calcutta High Court or
else they would go for an indefinite economic blockade in all
their installations including Tata Steel Plant at Jamshedpur.
"If the Tatas try to grab land and paralyse the economic
life of the people of Singur, then we will also think of
indefinite economic blockade in all the factories of the
Tatas, including the Tata Steel Plant at Jamshedpur,"
CPI(Maoist) state committee member and spokesperson Bikram
said in a press release here.
Criticising the Mamata Banerjee government, Bikram said
it was wrong to divide the farmers in the name of willing and
unwilling because nobody gave their land willignly.
"We demand that the entire 1000 acres of land be returned
to the farmers," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!