Maoists threaten Tatas on Singur
Kolkata: Maoists on Saturday threatened the Tatas
to withdraw the Singur case from the Calcutta High Court or
else they would go for an indefinite economic blockade in all
their installations including Tata Steel Plant at Jamshedpur.
"If the Tatas try to grab land and paralyse the economic
life of the people of Singur, then we will also think of
indefinite economic blockade in all the factories of the
Tatas, including the Tata Steel Plant at Jamshedpur,"
CPI(Maoist) state committee member and spokesperson Bikram
said in a press release here.
Criticising the Mamata Banerjee government, Bikram said
it was wrong to divide the farmers in the name of willing and
unwilling because nobody gave their land willignly.
"We demand that the entire 1000 acres of land be returned
to the farmers," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study
- New movement discovered in blink of an eye