Maoists threaten Tatas on Singur
Kolkata: Maoists on Saturday threatened the Tatas
to withdraw the Singur case from the Calcutta High Court or
else they would go for an indefinite economic blockade in all
their installations including Tata Steel Plant at Jamshedpur.
"If the Tatas try to grab land and paralyse the economic
life of the people of Singur, then we will also think of
indefinite economic blockade in all the factories of the
Tatas, including the Tata Steel Plant at Jamshedpur,"
CPI(Maoist) state committee member and spokesperson Bikram
said in a press release here.
Criticising the Mamata Banerjee government, Bikram said
it was wrong to divide the farmers in the name of willing and
unwilling because nobody gave their land willignly.
"We demand that the entire 1000 acres of land be returned
to the farmers," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?