Married woman gang-raped in Barasat
Barasat: A 35-year-old married woman has been allegedly gang-raped in West Bengal`s 24 North Paraganas district, a senior police official said here on Friday.
The woman was kidnapped by four persons in a vehicle on June 26 and allegedly gangraped by them at Garapotha area, according to additional superintendent of police Bhaskar Mukherjee.
The accused left the victim in an unconscious state and fled after committing the crime, he said.
The police started investigating the matter after the victim lodged an FIR with the Bonga police station yesterday, he said.
The woman was subsequently admitted to the Bonga hospital and later discharged.
No arrests have been made so far and police is in search of the culprits, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds
- Trump's NATO comments show 'lack of preparedness': Obama
- Govt should resist urge of control everything: Arun Jaitley
- Sushma Swaraj can't give verdict on 'future of Kashmir': Pakistan