Married woman gang-raped in Barasat
Barasat: A 35-year-old married woman has been allegedly gang-raped in West Bengal`s 24 North Paraganas district, a senior police official said here on Friday.
The woman was kidnapped by four persons in a vehicle on June 26 and allegedly gangraped by them at Garapotha area, according to additional superintendent of police Bhaskar Mukherjee.
The accused left the victim in an unconscious state and fled after committing the crime, he said.
The police started investigating the matter after the victim lodged an FIR with the Bonga police station yesterday, he said.
The woman was subsequently admitted to the Bonga hospital and later discharged.
No arrests have been made so far and police is in search of the culprits, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation