Married woman gang-raped in Barasat
Barasat: A 35-year-old married woman has been allegedly gang-raped in West Bengal`s 24 North Paraganas district, a senior police official said here on Friday.
The woman was kidnapped by four persons in a vehicle on June 26 and allegedly gangraped by them at Garapotha area, according to additional superintendent of police Bhaskar Mukherjee.
The accused left the victim in an unconscious state and fled after committing the crime, he said.
The police started investigating the matter after the victim lodged an FIR with the Bonga police station yesterday, he said.
The woman was subsequently admitted to the Bonga hospital and later discharged.
No arrests have been made so far and police is in search of the culprits, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal