Married woman gang-raped in Barasat
Barasat: A 35-year-old married woman has been allegedly gang-raped in West Bengal`s 24 North Paraganas district, a senior police official said here on Friday.
The woman was kidnapped by four persons in a vehicle on June 26 and allegedly gangraped by them at Garapotha area, according to additional superintendent of police Bhaskar Mukherjee.
The accused left the victim in an unconscious state and fled after committing the crime, he said.
The police started investigating the matter after the victim lodged an FIR with the Bonga police station yesterday, he said.
The woman was subsequently admitted to the Bonga hospital and later discharged.
No arrests have been made so far and police is in search of the culprits, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America