Married woman gang-raped in Barasat
Barasat: A 35-year-old married woman has been allegedly gang-raped in West Bengal`s 24 North Paraganas district, a senior police official said here on Friday.
The woman was kidnapped by four persons in a vehicle on June 26 and allegedly gangraped by them at Garapotha area, according to additional superintendent of police Bhaskar Mukherjee.
The accused left the victim in an unconscious state and fled after committing the crime, he said.
The police started investigating the matter after the victim lodged an FIR with the Bonga police station yesterday, he said.
The woman was subsequently admitted to the Bonga hospital and later discharged.
No arrests have been made so far and police is in search of the culprits, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption