Married woman raped at gunpoint in West Bengal
Canning (WB): A 30-year-old married woman was raped at gunpoint at her home in a village in West Bengal`s South 24 Paraganas district, police said on Tuesday.
The victim was allegedly raped at gunpoint by a history sheeter, who in the absence of the woman`s husband committed the crime at her home at Amtala village.
Police said the accused first threatened the woman`s teenaged nephew, who was sleeping on the veranda before forcing his way into her room and raping her.
The woman was sent for medical examination, they said. Her husband, a daily wage earner, was away for work.
The police arrested the accused after the victim filed an FIR, adding that the gun is yet to be recovered.
Meanwhile, angry villagers blocked the road at the market place in protest of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics
- US mother thrashes daughter on Facebook Live –Know why
- Anuja Chauhan's next novel to be about men in uniform