Married woman raped at gunpoint in West Bengal
Canning (WB): A 30-year-old married woman was raped at gunpoint at her home in a village in West Bengal`s South 24 Paraganas district, police said on Tuesday.
The victim was allegedly raped at gunpoint by a history sheeter, who in the absence of the woman`s husband committed the crime at her home at Amtala village.
Police said the accused first threatened the woman`s teenaged nephew, who was sleeping on the veranda before forcing his way into her room and raping her.
The woman was sent for medical examination, they said. Her husband, a daily wage earner, was away for work.
The police arrested the accused after the victim filed an FIR, adding that the gun is yet to be recovered.
Meanwhile, angry villagers blocked the road at the market place in protest of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH