Married woman raped at gunpoint in West Bengal
Canning (WB): A 30-year-old married woman was raped at gunpoint at her home in a village in West Bengal`s South 24 Paraganas district, police said on Tuesday.
The victim was allegedly raped at gunpoint by a history sheeter, who in the absence of the woman`s husband committed the crime at her home at Amtala village.
Police said the accused first threatened the woman`s teenaged nephew, who was sleeping on the veranda before forcing his way into her room and raping her.
The woman was sent for medical examination, they said. Her husband, a daily wage earner, was away for work.
The police arrested the accused after the victim filed an FIR, adding that the gun is yet to be recovered.
Meanwhile, angry villagers blocked the road at the market place in protest of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS