Married woman raped at gunpoint in West Bengal
Canning (WB): A 30-year-old married woman was raped at gunpoint at her home in a village in West Bengal`s South 24 Paraganas district, police said on Tuesday.
The victim was allegedly raped at gunpoint by a history sheeter, who in the absence of the woman`s husband committed the crime at her home at Amtala village.
Police said the accused first threatened the woman`s teenaged nephew, who was sleeping on the veranda before forcing his way into her room and raping her.
The woman was sent for medical examination, they said. Her husband, a daily wage earner, was away for work.
The police arrested the accused after the victim filed an FIR, adding that the gun is yet to be recovered.
Meanwhile, angry villagers blocked the road at the market place in protest of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor