`Mass influence of CPI-M in WB intact’
Kozhikode: The mass base of CPI(M) in West
Bengal is still intact despite the reverses the party suffered in the last assembly elections, Tripura Chief Minister and party polit bureau member Manik Sarkar has said.
The Trinamool Congress led by Mamata Banerjee has only
scored a "temporary victory" in West Bengal as they would be
"protecting only the interests of landlords and capitalists",
Sarkar said speaking at a seminar to express "solidarity with
Bengal", held in connection with the 20th Congress of CPI(M)
here last evening.
He said the "brutal attacks" unleashed by Trinamool
Congress on CPI(M) activists and sympathisers after coming to
power showed their lack of confidence in the people.
"The CPI(M)-led Front in Bengal still holds more than 40 per
cent of the state’s vote share, though we lost the elections.
Mamata is worried about this mass base of the Left," he said.
Trinamool Congress workers, "with the support of other
disruptive and regressive forces", was out to systematically
derail the functioning of all democratic institutions in the
state. These forces had been unleashing violence in connivance
with the government, Sarkar alleged.
CPI(M) polit bureau member and West Bengal state secretary
Biman Basu, who also spoke, alleged the Mamata government was
trying to sabotage the achievements of the three decades of
Left rule in Bengal, including land reforms by which scheduled
castes, tribes and minorities were most benefited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?