`Mass influence of CPI-M in WB intact’
Kozhikode: The mass base of CPI(M) in West
Bengal is still intact despite the reverses the party suffered in the last assembly elections, Tripura Chief Minister and party polit bureau member Manik Sarkar has said.
The Trinamool Congress led by Mamata Banerjee has only
scored a "temporary victory" in West Bengal as they would be
"protecting only the interests of landlords and capitalists",
Sarkar said speaking at a seminar to express "solidarity with
Bengal", held in connection with the 20th Congress of CPI(M)
here last evening.
He said the "brutal attacks" unleashed by Trinamool
Congress on CPI(M) activists and sympathisers after coming to
power showed their lack of confidence in the people.
"The CPI(M)-led Front in Bengal still holds more than 40 per
cent of the state’s vote share, though we lost the elections.
Mamata is worried about this mass base of the Left," he said.
Trinamool Congress workers, "with the support of other
disruptive and regressive forces", was out to systematically
derail the functioning of all democratic institutions in the
state. These forces had been unleashing violence in connivance
with the government, Sarkar alleged.
CPI(M) polit bureau member and West Bengal state secretary
Biman Basu, who also spoke, alleged the Mamata government was
trying to sabotage the achievements of the three decades of
Left rule in Bengal, including land reforms by which scheduled
castes, tribes and minorities were most benefited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official