`Mass influence of CPI-M in WB intact’
Kozhikode: The mass base of CPI(M) in West
Bengal is still intact despite the reverses the party suffered in the last assembly elections, Tripura Chief Minister and party polit bureau member Manik Sarkar has said.
The Trinamool Congress led by Mamata Banerjee has only
scored a "temporary victory" in West Bengal as they would be
"protecting only the interests of landlords and capitalists",
Sarkar said speaking at a seminar to express "solidarity with
Bengal", held in connection with the 20th Congress of CPI(M)
here last evening.
He said the "brutal attacks" unleashed by Trinamool
Congress on CPI(M) activists and sympathisers after coming to
power showed their lack of confidence in the people.
"The CPI(M)-led Front in Bengal still holds more than 40 per
cent of the state’s vote share, though we lost the elections.
Mamata is worried about this mass base of the Left," he said.
Trinamool Congress workers, "with the support of other
disruptive and regressive forces", was out to systematically
derail the functioning of all democratic institutions in the
state. These forces had been unleashing violence in connivance
with the government, Sarkar alleged.
CPI(M) polit bureau member and West Bengal state secretary
Biman Basu, who also spoke, alleged the Mamata government was
trying to sabotage the achievements of the three decades of
Left rule in Bengal, including land reforms by which scheduled
castes, tribes and minorities were most benefited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog