Meeting with Union ministers positive: GJM
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha said the party`s meeting with Union ministers in Delhi were positive and the ministers have promised to ensure the development of the Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA).
GJM general secretary Roshan Giri talking to reporters here after returning from Delhi yesterday said the GJM delegation which met Union ministers narrated in detail the state of affairs in the hills to them and the minister were concerned about the development of the hills and have promised all help to ensure development of the GTA.
Responding to a question as to whether any discussions were held on the statehood issue, Giri said talks are in progress and they cannot be divulged at the moment.
The GTA delegation to Delhi was led by party chief and GTA Chief Executive Bimal Gurung met Union ministers Sushma Swaraj, Nitin Gadkari, Juel Oraon, Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani and several others and placed development project reports for the benefit of the GTA and the hill people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack