Meeting with Union ministers positive: GJM
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha said the party`s meeting with Union ministers in Delhi were positive and the ministers have promised to ensure the development of the Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA).
GJM general secretary Roshan Giri talking to reporters here after returning from Delhi yesterday said the GJM delegation which met Union ministers narrated in detail the state of affairs in the hills to them and the minister were concerned about the development of the hills and have promised all help to ensure development of the GTA.
Responding to a question as to whether any discussions were held on the statehood issue, Giri said talks are in progress and they cannot be divulged at the moment.
The GTA delegation to Delhi was led by party chief and GTA Chief Executive Bimal Gurung met Union ministers Sushma Swaraj, Nitin Gadkari, Juel Oraon, Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani and several others and placed development project reports for the benefit of the GTA and the hill people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey