Men escape from court throwing chilly powder in guard`s eye
Chandernagar: Two undertrials on Wednesday
fled from court premises by throwing chilli powder into the
eyes of a guard during their production there at Chandernagar
in Hoogly district.
The duo, in judicial custody in connection with a bank
dacoity, managed to procure two revolvers and chilly powder
when in custody which they used to escape at about 3.30 pm,
Sub-Divisional Police Officer, Chandernagar Amitava Maity said.
As the duo was being led to the court of the SDJM
here, one of them sprinkled the chilly powder to the guard`s
eyes and both ran away shooting in the air, he said.
"All police stations in Hoogly and nearby districts
have been alerted," Maity said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city