Men escape from court throwing chilly powder in guard`s eye
Chandernagar: Two undertrials on Wednesday
fled from court premises by throwing chilli powder into the
eyes of a guard during their production there at Chandernagar
in Hoogly district.
The duo, in judicial custody in connection with a bank
dacoity, managed to procure two revolvers and chilly powder
when in custody which they used to escape at about 3.30 pm,
Sub-Divisional Police Officer, Chandernagar Amitava Maity said.
As the duo was being led to the court of the SDJM
here, one of them sprinkled the chilly powder to the guard`s
eyes and both ran away shooting in the air, he said.
"All police stations in Hoogly and nearby districts
have been alerted," Maity said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey