Metro passengers evacuated after smoke detection
Kolkata: Hundreds of passengers of a
Metro train had to be evacuated today as a precautionary
measure after smoke billowed out from the bottom of a coach,
As the train arrived at Maidan station from Kavi
Subhas station, rail staff detected smoke billowing from the
bottom of a coach at 11.53 am apparently due to friction in
the brake-binding system, Metro Railway`s DGM Protyush Ghosh said.
As a precautionary measure, the passengers were
evacuated and accommodated in another train.
Movement of trains, however, were not hampered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital