Metro passengers evacuated after smoke detection

Hundreds of passengers of a Metro train had to be evacuated as a precautionary measure after smoke billowed out from the bottom of a coach.

Kolkata: Hundreds of passengers of a
Metro train had to be evacuated today as a precautionary
measure after smoke billowed out from the bottom of a coach,
officials said.

As the train arrived at Maidan station from Kavi
Subhas station, rail staff detected smoke billowing from the
bottom of a coach at 11.53 am apparently due to friction in
the brake-binding system, Metro Railway`s DGM Protyush Ghosh said.
As a precautionary measure, the passengers were
evacuated and accommodated in another train.
Movement of trains, however, were not hampered.

PTI

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close