Metro snag inconveniences commuters in Kolkata
Kolkata: Thousands of commuters were inconvenienced this morning when a south-bound non-AC metro rake developed snag after soon leaving Park Street station.
Metro Railway CPRO R N Mahapatra told PTI that the snag developed at 11.25 am as the train entered the tunnel after leaving Park Street.
He said that all the passengers were evacuated from both sides of the rake by ladders which went down to the tracks.
Normal services were disrupted since then. The railway authorities ran truncated services from Dum Dum to Central on one side and Mahanayak Uttamkumar (Tollygunge) to Kavi Subhas (New Garia) on the other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?