Metro snag inconveniences commuters in Kolkata
Kolkata: Thousands of commuters were inconvenienced this morning when a south-bound non-AC metro rake developed snag after soon leaving Park Street station.
Metro Railway CPRO R N Mahapatra told PTI that the snag developed at 11.25 am as the train entered the tunnel after leaving Park Street.
He said that all the passengers were evacuated from both sides of the rake by ladders which went down to the tracks.
Normal services were disrupted since then. The railway authorities ran truncated services from Dum Dum to Central on one side and Mahanayak Uttamkumar (Tollygunge) to Kavi Subhas (New Garia) on the other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!