Metro snag inconveniences commuters in Kolkata
Kolkata: Thousands of commuters were inconvenienced this morning when a south-bound non-AC metro rake developed snag after soon leaving Park Street station.
Metro Railway CPRO R N Mahapatra told PTI that the snag developed at 11.25 am as the train entered the tunnel after leaving Park Street.
He said that all the passengers were evacuated from both sides of the rake by ladders which went down to the tracks.
Normal services were disrupted since then. The railway authorities ran truncated services from Dum Dum to Central on one side and Mahanayak Uttamkumar (Tollygunge) to Kavi Subhas (New Garia) on the other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj