Metro snag inconveniences commuters in Kolkata
Kolkata: Thousands of commuters faced inconvenience on Monday morning when a South-bound non-AC metro rake developed snag after soon leaving Park Street station.
Metro Railway CPRO RN Mahapatra told a news agency that the snag developed at 11.25 am as the train entered the tunnel after leaving Park Street.
He said that all the passengers were evacuated from both sides of the rake by ladders which went down to the tracks.
The technical issues were identified.
Normal services were disrupted since then. The railway authorities ran truncated services from Dum Dum to Central on one side and Mahanayak Uttamkumar (Tollygunge) to Kavi Subhas (New Garia) on the other.
Some passenges have been hospitalised due to the suffocation created inside the coaches of metro. Few got faint due to non-working of the ac inside the train.
Commuters complained that there was no announcement for nearly 40 minutes.
However, all passengers were later evacuated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video