Metro snag inconveniences commuters in Kolkata
Kolkata: Thousands of commuters faced inconvenience on Monday morning when a South-bound non-AC metro rake developed snag after soon leaving Park Street station.
Metro Railway CPRO RN Mahapatra told a news agency that the snag developed at 11.25 am as the train entered the tunnel after leaving Park Street.
He said that all the passengers were evacuated from both sides of the rake by ladders which went down to the tracks.
The technical issues were identified.
Normal services were disrupted since then. The railway authorities ran truncated services from Dum Dum to Central on one side and Mahanayak Uttamkumar (Tollygunge) to Kavi Subhas (New Garia) on the other.
Some passenges have been hospitalised due to the suffocation created inside the coaches of metro. Few got faint due to non-working of the ac inside the train.
Commuters complained that there was no announcement for nearly 40 minutes.
However, all passengers were later evacuated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday