MIG-27 crash: Toll reaches two
Jalpaiguri: With the death of one more person, the toll in the MiG-27 aircraft crash in West Bengal`s Jalpaiguri district rose to two, officials said on Sunday.
Hospitalised teenager Purnima Rai succumbed to her injuries last night, medical superintendent of the North Bengal Medical College, Samir Chandra Ghosh Roy said.
Saket Verma, the injured pilot of the fighter jet of the Indian Air Force which crashed in a field at Bhotputti village, ejected from the aircraft and has returned to the airbase, officials said.
The MiG-27 took off from the Hashimara Air Base on a routine sortie and crashed at a place around 25 km away yesterday morning.
B Rai, a farmer who was cultivating his field was also killed when the MIG crashed between Moynaguri and Chengrabandha, Inspector General of Police (North Bengal) Ranveer Kumar said.
Another 16 people were injured, all of whom are undergoing treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown