MIG-27 crashes in West Bengal, pilot safe
Midnapore: A MIG-27 aircraft crashed at Duria village in West Midnapore district Friday
morning but the pilot bailed out safely.
The aircraft was on a routine sortie when it crashed at 8:30 am in the village, District Magistrate NS Nigam said.
The aircraft had taken off from the Kalaikunda airforce base.
Another helicopter from Kalaikunda has brought back the pilot to the airbase.
A commission of enquiry has been instituted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah