MIG-27 crashes in West Bengal, pilot safe
Midnapore: A MIG-27 aircraft crashed at Duria village in West Midnapore district Friday
morning but the pilot bailed out safely.
The aircraft was on a routine sortie when it crashed at 8:30 am in the village, District Magistrate NS Nigam said.
The aircraft had taken off from the Kalaikunda airforce base.
Another helicopter from Kalaikunda has brought back the pilot to the airbase.
A commission of enquiry has been instituted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?