Mild tremors in Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri
New Delhi: Mild tremors measuring 3.8 on the Richter scale were felt in the Jalpaiguri area of northern West Bengal Friday, an official said, adding there have been no reports of any damage.
"Tremors were felt around 3.27 p.m. in Jalpaiguri region," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
A 6.9-magnitude earthquake had rocked Sikkim and neighbouring areas of northern West Bengal in September, claiming a number of lives and extensively damaging property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security