Mild tremors in Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri
New Delhi: Mild tremors measuring 3.8 on the Richter scale were felt in the Jalpaiguri area of northern West Bengal Friday, an official said, adding there have been no reports of any damage.
"Tremors were felt around 3.27 p.m. in Jalpaiguri region," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
A 6.9-magnitude earthquake had rocked Sikkim and neighbouring areas of northern West Bengal in September, claiming a number of lives and extensively damaging property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda