Mild tremors in Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri
New Delhi: Mild tremors measuring 3.8 on the Richter scale were felt in the Jalpaiguri area of northern West Bengal Friday, an official said, adding there have been no reports of any damage.
"Tremors were felt around 3.27 p.m. in Jalpaiguri region," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
A 6.9-magnitude earthquake had rocked Sikkim and neighbouring areas of northern West Bengal in September, claiming a number of lives and extensively damaging property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what