Mild tremors in Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri
New Delhi: Mild tremors measuring 3.8 on the Richter scale were felt in the Jalpaiguri area of northern West Bengal Friday, an official said, adding there have been no reports of any damage.
"Tremors were felt around 3.27 p.m. in Jalpaiguri region," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
A 6.9-magnitude earthquake had rocked Sikkim and neighbouring areas of northern West Bengal in September, claiming a number of lives and extensively damaging property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali