Mine contractor dies after being punched in the head
Andal: An electrical goods contractor of an ECL mine here died after being punched in the head by an employee this morning, police said.
Ashim Mukherjee, the 40-year old contractor had gone to Jambad colliery in the morning where he had a sudden tiff with the mine foreman Kedar Pal, who is also the unit secretary of INTTUC-affiliated Colliery Kisan Sramik Committee, Andal police station officer-in-charge Tapas Pal said.
Mukherjee was punched in the head and fell down. He was rushed to a nearby hospital when he complained of uneasiness and was pronounced dead on arrival by the doctors.
Pal after some time went to Ukhra police outpost and surrendered, he said. Meanwhile, Anup Mukherjee, the dead man`s brother has lodged a complaint with the police alleging murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city