Mini-gun factory found in CPI(M) leader`s house
Kolkata: A mini-gun factory and a huge
quantity of ammunition were found in a CPI(M) leader`s house
in West Midnapore district, while guns were found abandoned at
New Town near the metropolis on Friday, police sources said.
Villagers barged into the house of CPI(M) leader Tapan
Ghosh at a village in Garbeta police station area and
discovered the mini-gun factory and informed the police.
Security forces found 1,000 rounds of ammunition,
twelve .99 mm pistols, 2 rifles and a hand-made pistol from
Ghosh`s residence, sources said.
The CPI(M) leader and his family had left the house on
May 12, a day before the Assembly elections results were
declared, sources said adding that the only occupant of the
house was the aged father of Ghosh.
Four guns were also found in Angua area in Kotwali
police station area, eight from a field in Boita area under
Jhargram police station area and two from Charka area in
Keshpur police station limits, sources said.
At New Town, adjoining Kolkata in North 24 Parganas
district, three firearms and 26 rounds of ammunition were
found from the bank of a canal, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?