Ministers not being allowed to work in WB: Cong
Malda: Congress, which runs an alliance
government with the Trinamool Congress in West Bengal, Friday alleged its ministers were not being given a free hand to work in the state and warned against "undermining" the party`s
"Congress party workers are not being given a free hand
in the state despite being an alliance partner. This should be
protested against," said senior West Bengal Pradesh Congress
Committee leader Abdul Mannan.
"The Trinamool Congress government should work for the
betterment of the people of the state and this has to be done
jointly with the Congress," he said, addressing a party
panchayat function here.
Addressing the gathering, WBPCC chief Pradip Bhattacharya
said, "Congress` importance as an alliance partner should not
be undermined and should be judged realistically."
"Workers must learn to shed their frustration and work for
the party," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth