Ministers not being allowed to work in WB: Cong
Malda: Congress, which runs an alliance
government with the Trinamool Congress in West Bengal, Friday alleged its ministers were not being given a free hand to work in the state and warned against "undermining" the party`s
"Congress party workers are not being given a free hand
in the state despite being an alliance partner. This should be
protested against," said senior West Bengal Pradesh Congress
Committee leader Abdul Mannan.
"The Trinamool Congress government should work for the
betterment of the people of the state and this has to be done
jointly with the Congress," he said, addressing a party
panchayat function here.
Addressing the gathering, WBPCC chief Pradip Bhattacharya
said, "Congress` importance as an alliance partner should not
be undermined and should be judged realistically."
"Workers must learn to shed their frustration and work for
the party," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port