Minor fire in children`s ward at SSKM Hospital
Kolkata: A fire broke out Saturday night in the children`s ward of state-run SSKM Hospital after which some patients were shifted to safer wards.
State Fire Services Minister Javed Khan said that at least two children were shifted from the Alex Ward to other wards as a precautionary measure after a small fire was detected.
"It was a small fire and it has been brought under control. There was no casualty," Khan said.
Meanwhile, hospital superintendent Tamal Kanti Ghosh said the situation was under control.
Four fire tenders had arrived at the spot for the fire, the cause of which is yet to be established.
Oxygen cylinders, saline bottles and medicines have been removed from the affected ward by the nursing staff, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj