Minor fire in children`s ward at SSKM Hospital
Kolkata: A fire broke out Saturday night in the children`s ward of state-run SSKM Hospital after which some patients were shifted to safer wards.
State Fire Services Minister Javed Khan said that at least two children were shifted from the Alex Ward to other wards as a precautionary measure after a small fire was detected.
"It was a small fire and it has been brought under control. There was no casualty," Khan said.
Meanwhile, hospital superintendent Tamal Kanti Ghosh said the situation was under control.
Four fire tenders had arrived at the spot for the fire, the cause of which is yet to be established.
Oxygen cylinders, saline bottles and medicines have been removed from the affected ward by the nursing staff, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown