Minor fire in children`s ward at SSKM Hospital
Kolkata: A fire broke out Saturday night in the children`s ward of state-run SSKM Hospital after which some patients were shifted to safer wards.
State Fire Services Minister Javed Khan said that at least two children were shifted from the Alex Ward to other wards as a precautionary measure after a small fire was detected.
"It was a small fire and it has been brought under control. There was no casualty," Khan said.
Meanwhile, hospital superintendent Tamal Kanti Ghosh said the situation was under control.
Four fire tenders had arrived at the spot for the fire, the cause of which is yet to be established.
Oxygen cylinders, saline bottles and medicines have been removed from the affected ward by the nursing staff, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family