Minor fire in children`s ward at SSKM Hospital
Kolkata: A fire broke out Saturday night in the children`s ward of state-run SSKM Hospital after which some patients were shifted to safer wards.
State Fire Services Minister Javed Khan said that at least two children were shifted from the Alex Ward to other wards as a precautionary measure after a small fire was detected.
"It was a small fire and it has been brought under control. There was no casualty," Khan said.
Meanwhile, hospital superintendent Tamal Kanti Ghosh said the situation was under control.
Four fire tenders had arrived at the spot for the fire, the cause of which is yet to be established.
Oxygen cylinders, saline bottles and medicines have been removed from the affected ward by the nursing staff, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH