Minor girl files petition against parents in court
Burdwan (WB): A local court on Thursday directed the police to investigate the complaint of a minor girl who has alleged that her parents were forcing her to marry a youth.
Hearing the petition filed by the minor, a resident of Sukdal village, the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Md Selim Ansari directed the officer-in-charge of Budbud police station to investigate the complaint and report to the court by February 28.
The minor girl has alleged in the petition that her parents, uncle and other family members tried to marry her off to a youth against her wishes. When she refused, they physically tortured and threatened her.
Burdwan Superintendent of Police S M H Mirza said the police would investigate the allegations of the girl as directed by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested