Minor girl files petition against parents in court
Burdwan (WB): A local court on Thursday directed the police to investigate the complaint of a minor girl who has alleged that her parents were forcing her to marry a youth.
Hearing the petition filed by the minor, a resident of Sukdal village, the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Md Selim Ansari directed the officer-in-charge of Budbud police station to investigate the complaint and report to the court by February 28.
The minor girl has alleged in the petition that her parents, uncle and other family members tried to marry her off to a youth against her wishes. When she refused, they physically tortured and threatened her.
Burdwan Superintendent of Police S M H Mirza said the police would investigate the allegations of the girl as directed by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw