Minor girl files petition against parents in court
Burdwan (WB): A local court on Thursday directed the police to investigate the complaint of a minor girl who has alleged that her parents were forcing her to marry a youth.
Hearing the petition filed by the minor, a resident of Sukdal village, the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Md Selim Ansari directed the officer-in-charge of Budbud police station to investigate the complaint and report to the court by February 28.
The minor girl has alleged in the petition that her parents, uncle and other family members tried to marry her off to a youth against her wishes. When she refused, they physically tortured and threatened her.
Burdwan Superintendent of Police S M H Mirza said the police would investigate the allegations of the girl as directed by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof