Minor girl files petition against parents in court
Burdwan (WB): A local court on Thursday directed the police to investigate the complaint of a minor girl who has alleged that her parents were forcing her to marry a youth.
Hearing the petition filed by the minor, a resident of Sukdal village, the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Md Selim Ansari directed the officer-in-charge of Budbud police station to investigate the complaint and report to the court by February 28.
The minor girl has alleged in the petition that her parents, uncle and other family members tried to marry her off to a youth against her wishes. When she refused, they physically tortured and threatened her.
Burdwan Superintendent of Police S M H Mirza said the police would investigate the allegations of the girl as directed by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional