Minor girl files petition against parents in court
Burdwan (WB): A local court on Thursday directed the police to investigate the complaint of a minor girl who has alleged that her parents were forcing her to marry a youth.
Hearing the petition filed by the minor, a resident of Sukdal village, the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Md Selim Ansari directed the officer-in-charge of Budbud police station to investigate the complaint and report to the court by February 28.
The minor girl has alleged in the petition that her parents, uncle and other family members tried to marry her off to a youth against her wishes. When she refused, they physically tortured and threatened her.
Burdwan Superintendent of Police S M H Mirza said the police would investigate the allegations of the girl as directed by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman