Minor girl `molested` in Kolkata school, parents protest
Kolkata: Scores of angry parents on Tuesday demonstrated at a city school demanding security for their wards after a class VII student was allegedly molested in the school premises.
The 14-year-old student of Jadavpur Sammilita Balika Vidyalaya was allegedly molested Monday inside a toilet by a youth who had entered the premises after jumping a wall.
"We are anxious about the security of our daughters. The school authorities are not even aware about the incident. Such an incident can happen with others. The school should immediately enhance security measures and increase the height of boundary walls," said an agitator.
While the parents of the girl have filed a police complaint, the alleged molester is yet to be identified.
Fearing vandalism by demonstrators the school authorities closed the premises, fuelling the anger of the agitating parents.
"Instead of listening to our grievances, they have shut the doors on us. We will raise this issue at the higher level and with government authorities," said another parent.
Police later arrived at the scene to pacify the agitators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'