Minor girl `molested` in Kolkata school, parents protest
Kolkata: Scores of angry parents on Tuesday demonstrated at a city school demanding security for their wards after a class VII student was allegedly molested in the school premises.
The 14-year-old student of Jadavpur Sammilita Balika Vidyalaya was allegedly molested Monday inside a toilet by a youth who had entered the premises after jumping a wall.
"We are anxious about the security of our daughters. The school authorities are not even aware about the incident. Such an incident can happen with others. The school should immediately enhance security measures and increase the height of boundary walls," said an agitator.
While the parents of the girl have filed a police complaint, the alleged molester is yet to be identified.
Fearing vandalism by demonstrators the school authorities closed the premises, fuelling the anger of the agitating parents.
"Instead of listening to our grievances, they have shut the doors on us. We will raise this issue at the higher level and with government authorities," said another parent.
Police later arrived at the scene to pacify the agitators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees