Minor girl `molested` in Kolkata school, parents protest
Kolkata: Scores of angry parents on Tuesday demonstrated at a city school demanding security for their wards after a class VII student was allegedly molested in the school premises.
The 14-year-old student of Jadavpur Sammilita Balika Vidyalaya was allegedly molested Monday inside a toilet by a youth who had entered the premises after jumping a wall.
"We are anxious about the security of our daughters. The school authorities are not even aware about the incident. Such an incident can happen with others. The school should immediately enhance security measures and increase the height of boundary walls," said an agitator.
While the parents of the girl have filed a police complaint, the alleged molester is yet to be identified.
Fearing vandalism by demonstrators the school authorities closed the premises, fuelling the anger of the agitating parents.
"Instead of listening to our grievances, they have shut the doors on us. We will raise this issue at the higher level and with government authorities," said another parent.
Police later arrived at the scene to pacify the agitators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam