Miscreants hurl bomb on TMC leader`s vehicle in Howrah
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MLA Nirmal Maji on Sunday claimed he was allegedly attacked by some miscreants, who have "Left patronage", when they hurled bomb at his car in Uluberia area Howrah district.
"Miscreants hurled bombs targeting my car. It was a miraculous escape as the bomb did not hit the vehicle. They were people who have the backing of Left parties," Maji said.
However, four persons received splinter injuries, while one of them was admitted to hospital, police said.
Police said they later conducted a raid in the area and seized six swords, ten live bombs and two bags of bomb-making ingredients, while arresting one miscreant in this connection.
The incident took place late last night when Maji was returning from a party programme in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends