Miscreants hurl bomb on TMC leader`s vehicle in Howrah
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MLA Nirmal Maji on Sunday claimed he was allegedly attacked by some miscreants, who have "Left patronage", when they hurled bomb at his car in Uluberia area Howrah district.
"Miscreants hurled bombs targeting my car. It was a miraculous escape as the bomb did not hit the vehicle. They were people who have the backing of Left parties," Maji said.
However, four persons received splinter injuries, while one of them was admitted to hospital, police said.
Police said they later conducted a raid in the area and seized six swords, ten live bombs and two bags of bomb-making ingredients, while arresting one miscreant in this connection.
The incident took place late last night when Maji was returning from a party programme in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users