Miscreants hurl bomb on TMC leader`s vehicle in Howrah
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MLA Nirmal Maji on Sunday claimed he was allegedly attacked by some miscreants, who have "Left patronage", when they hurled bomb at his car in Uluberia area Howrah district.
"Miscreants hurled bombs targeting my car. It was a miraculous escape as the bomb did not hit the vehicle. They were people who have the backing of Left parties," Maji said.
However, four persons received splinter injuries, while one of them was admitted to hospital, police said.
Police said they later conducted a raid in the area and seized six swords, ten live bombs and two bags of bomb-making ingredients, while arresting one miscreant in this connection.
The incident took place late last night when Maji was returning from a party programme in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail