Miscreants ransack maternity ward of hospital in WB
Suri: The relatives and villagers of a woman who delivered a still-born baby ransacked the maternity ward of Suri Sadar Hospital here today alleging negligence.
"A mob broke into the maternity ward of the hospital, beat up the nurses, doctors and ransacked my office," Superintendent-in-Charge of the hospital Sushanta Makar said.
Policemen rushed from the local police station and arrested three people including Sk Mohiuddin, the husband of the woman, Superintendent of Police Murlidhar said.
The police said that nearly 30 men rushed into the hospital and broke furniture and beat up the hospital staff this morning.
They alleged that the woman delivered a still-born baby for medical negligence of the hospital authorities.
The woman from Labhpur village gave birth to two babies and the second baby was still-born and she left the hospital on Saturday morning with her healthy male baby, doctors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!