Mishra demands inquiry into death of student at nursing home
Kolkata: Leader of the Opposition in the West Bengal Assembly Surya Kanta Mishra on Sunday demanded immediate identification and arrest of those who ransacked a Christian missionary school at Dum Dum after the death of a student.
The CPI-M leader also demanded that an inquiry be done into how the traumatised girl died at a private nursing home where she was admitted.
"Such kind of hooliganism in educational institutions should not be tolerated. Those who were involved in the ransacking should be immediately arrested," Mishra, who visited the deceased student Oindrila`s family members, said.
"As the family members have said, a proper inquiry should also be done into the functioning of the private nursing home where the little girl was admitted," said Mishra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof