Mishra demands inquiry into death of student at nursing home
Kolkata: Leader of the Opposition in the West Bengal Assembly Surya Kanta Mishra on Sunday demanded immediate identification and arrest of those who ransacked a Christian missionary school at Dum Dum after the death of a student.
The CPI-M leader also demanded that an inquiry be done into how the traumatised girl died at a private nursing home where she was admitted.
"Such kind of hooliganism in educational institutions should not be tolerated. Those who were involved in the ransacking should be immediately arrested," Mishra, who visited the deceased student Oindrila`s family members, said.
"As the family members have said, a proper inquiry should also be done into the functioning of the private nursing home where the little girl was admitted," said Mishra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Jon Bon Jovi meets cancer patient, gifts her guitar
- GoAir announces heavy Monsoon bonanza; fly as low as Rs 849
- ICSI CS foundation programme exam 2016 result to be declared today on June 29. Check icsi.examresults.net
- Jay Leno survives accident
- REVEALED: Why Kumar Sangakkara left Sachin Tendulkar out of his All Time XI