Missing miner`s body found in West Bengal
Andal(WB): The body of a missing miner was found by rescue workers inside Khas Kajora colliery of the Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) near here in the early hours today, police said.
The body of Panchkori Nandi was found by Directorate General of Mines Safety (DGMS) personnel in between two boulders on the 13th level of the underground mine at around 2.30 AM.
Nandi was reported missing from the mine since Tuesday and his family had lodged a police complaint against three miners who had accompanied Nandi inside the mine.
Other miners had also staged a demonstration against the three persons yesterday.
The police had detained the three for interrogation.
The police said that the three miners had left behind Nandi to rest for sometime after he had complained of uneasiness inside the mine on Tuesday. When they came back to the spot where they had left him, they did not find him.
The body was sent for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack