Missing miner`s body found in West Bengal
Andal(WB): The body of a missing miner was found by rescue workers inside Khas Kajora colliery of the Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) near here in the early hours today, police said.
The body of Panchkori Nandi was found by Directorate General of Mines Safety (DGMS) personnel in between two boulders on the 13th level of the underground mine at around 2.30 AM.
Nandi was reported missing from the mine since Tuesday and his family had lodged a police complaint against three miners who had accompanied Nandi inside the mine.
Other miners had also staged a demonstration against the three persons yesterday.
The police had detained the three for interrogation.
The police said that the three miners had left behind Nandi to rest for sometime after he had complained of uneasiness inside the mine on Tuesday. When they came back to the spot where they had left him, they did not find him.
The body was sent for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune