Missing miner`s body found in West Bengal
Andal(WB): The body of a missing miner was found by rescue workers inside Khas Kajora colliery of the Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) near here in the early hours today, police said.
The body of Panchkori Nandi was found by Directorate General of Mines Safety (DGMS) personnel in between two boulders on the 13th level of the underground mine at around 2.30 AM.
Nandi was reported missing from the mine since Tuesday and his family had lodged a police complaint against three miners who had accompanied Nandi inside the mine.
Other miners had also staged a demonstration against the three persons yesterday.
The police had detained the three for interrogation.
The police said that the three miners had left behind Nandi to rest for sometime after he had complained of uneasiness inside the mine on Tuesday. When they came back to the spot where they had left him, they did not find him.
The body was sent for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets