Missing security personnel found dead in Bankura
Bankura (WB): An IRB personnel who was
suspected to be abducted by Maoists from this district last
night was on Tuesday found dead in a nearby jungle while search was
on for his colleague, police said.
Superintendent of Police Vishal Garg said Sanjoy Ghosh
was found dead in Bhusakana jungle near the Satnala camp. His
body has been brought to the camp.
Another IRB personnel Ajoy Pande is still missing and
suspected to be abducted by Maoists.
Five personnel were injured when the Maoists attacked two
camps of the joint forces, deployed to conduct anti-Maoist
operation, at Chendapathar and Satnala under Barikul police
station at around 10.00 pm yesterday, they said.
Police and CRPF were conducting a house-to-house search
at villages in the Barikul police station area where the
Maoists had attacked the camps and besides injuring the five
IRB men, looted arms including two SLRs.
Garg, however, refused to comment on the loot of arms.
While injured personnel Swapan Roy Sarkar was rushed to a
local health centre, four others were undergoing treatment at
the police camp hospital and Bankura Medical College and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch