Missing security personnel found dead in Bankura
Bankura (WB): An IRB personnel who was
suspected to be abducted by Maoists from this district last
night was on Tuesday found dead in a nearby jungle while search was
on for his colleague, police said.
Superintendent of Police Vishal Garg said Sanjoy Ghosh
was found dead in Bhusakana jungle near the Satnala camp. His
body has been brought to the camp.
Another IRB personnel Ajoy Pande is still missing and
suspected to be abducted by Maoists.
Five personnel were injured when the Maoists attacked two
camps of the joint forces, deployed to conduct anti-Maoist
operation, at Chendapathar and Satnala under Barikul police
station at around 10.00 pm yesterday, they said.
Police and CRPF were conducting a house-to-house search
at villages in the Barikul police station area where the
Maoists had attacked the camps and besides injuring the five
IRB men, looted arms including two SLRs.
Garg, however, refused to comment on the loot of arms.
While injured personnel Swapan Roy Sarkar was rushed to a
local health centre, four others were undergoing treatment at
the police camp hospital and Bankura Medical College and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail