MK Narayanan sworn in as WB Governor
Kolkata: Former National Security Advisor MK Narayanan was Sunday sworn in as governor of West Bengal in a brief ceremony at the Raj Bhavan here.
Narayanan replaces Bihar`s Governor Devanand Konwar, who had taken on the state`s additional charge after Gopalkrishna Gandhi ended his term in December.
The former NSA was administered the oath of office by Calcutta High Court`s Chief Justice MS Shah at a brief function in the Raj Bhavan at 4 p.m.
West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, his cabinet colleagues, assembly Speaker Hasim Abdul Halim, leader of opposition Partha Chattopadhyay of the Trinamool Congress and other dignitaries attended the swearing-in ceremony.
"The programme continued for almost half an hour at the Raj Bhavan`s Throne Room," a Raj Bhavan official said.
Gopalkrishna Gandhi`s term ended Dec 13 last year. Konwar took over the additional charge from Dec 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen