MLA murder: Women organisations demand resignation of Modi
Patna: Women organisations on Friday demanded
immediate resignation of Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil
Kumar Modi for ruling out a CBI inquiry into BJP MLA
Rajkishore Keshari`s murder and allegedly using `unsavoury
words` against Rupam Pathak, who stabbed the man to death.
The women organisations also served an ultimatum to
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to break his silence over the
incident and initiate action against Modi.
If Kumar did not respond favourably to their demand in
24 hours, the women would take to the streets and block busy
Dak Bungalow crossing at 3 pm tomorrow, they said.
`Aao Bahina`, `Kamkaji Mahila Association`, `Varsha`,
`Mahila Samiti`, `Manavadhikar Sanghathan` gathered under the
banner of `Bihar Womens` Network` and flayed Modi for trying
to scuttle a CBI probe and `belittling` Pathak by dubbing her
a `blackmailer` .
Bihar Women Network spokesperson Nilu said the other
demands included intervention of National Human Rights
Commission and National Women Commission, ensuring that human
rights were not violated during Pathak`s judicial custody and
security cover to Rupam and arrested editor Navlesh Pathak`s
Navlesh, editor of a Purnia-based English weekly
`Quisling` had been arrested after his name figured in an FIR
lodged by Sudip Keshari, nephew of the slain MLA and an eye
witness to the killing, alleging conspiracy.
The chairperson of Bihar unit of All India Democratic
Women`s Association, Rampari during the day demanded a CBI
probe into the murder case, the role of Modi and immediate
release of the journalist.
The association would organise a demonstration at Purnia
on January 11 to press for its demands, she added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know