Mob ransacks police station in Kolkata
Kolkata: A mob on Friday ransacked a police station and torched a vehicle here after being removed from a hospital premises where they were protesting the death of a woman, police said.
Trouble broke out in the morning when people protesting the death of the woman, daughter of Trinamool Congress Councillor Moinul Haque Chowdhuri, at a nursing home in south Kolkata were removed, sources said.
The mob then ransacked Rajabagan police station and a set ablaze a police vehicle alleging police inaction.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot and Rapid Action Force was deployed to bring the situation under control.
Meanwhile, police denied inaction on their party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader