Mob ransacks police station in Kolkata
Kolkata: A mob on Friday ransacked a police station and torched a vehicle here after being removed from a hospital premises where they were protesting the death of a woman, police said.
Trouble broke out in the morning when people protesting the death of the woman, daughter of Trinamool Congress Councillor Moinul Haque Chowdhuri, at a nursing home in south Kolkata were removed, sources said.
The mob then ransacked Rajabagan police station and a set ablaze a police vehicle alleging police inaction.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot and Rapid Action Force was deployed to bring the situation under control.
Meanwhile, police denied inaction on their party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video