Mob ransacks police station in Kolkata
Kolkata: A mob on Friday ransacked a police station and torched a vehicle here after being removed from a hospital premises where they were protesting the death of a woman, police said.
Trouble broke out in the morning when people protesting the death of the woman, daughter of Trinamool Congress Councillor Moinul Haque Chowdhuri, at a nursing home in south Kolkata were removed, sources said.
The mob then ransacked Rajabagan police station and a set ablaze a police vehicle alleging police inaction.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot and Rapid Action Force was deployed to bring the situation under control.
Meanwhile, police denied inaction on their party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what