Mob ransacks police station in Kolkata
Kolkata: A mob on Friday ransacked a police station and torched a vehicle here after being removed from a hospital premises where they were protesting the death of a woman, police said.
Trouble broke out in the morning when people protesting the death of the woman, daughter of Trinamool Congress Councillor Moinul Haque Chowdhuri, at a nursing home in south Kolkata were removed, sources said.
The mob then ransacked Rajabagan police station and a set ablaze a police vehicle alleging police inaction.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot and Rapid Action Force was deployed to bring the situation under control.
Meanwhile, police denied inaction on their party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH