Modi may pitch for Netaji files declassification: Bengal BJP
Kolkata: Declassification of secret files on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose may be a major point to be taken up by BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi during his Feb 5 rally in the city, the party`s state leadership said here Monday.
"We have given him some major talking points, including declassification of the Netaji files and the violence by the ruling Trinamool Congress," state BJP president Rahul Sinha told media here.
Modi will Wednesday flag off his party`s poll campaign for West Bengal from the Brigade Parade Grounds, just days after Trinamool Congress supremo and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee held a rally at the same venue.
Sinha also ridiculed Banerjee`s call for a federal front she made during her rally.
"It is unfortunate that our chief minister is dreaming of becoming the prime minister at the cost of the state. The federal front cannot be a reality. It`s a forum full of leaders aspiring to be the prime minister," he said.
On the occasion, former top cops B.K. Sharma and R.K. Handa, film personality Nimu Bhowmick and music composer Arup Banerjee joined the BJP.
Several former Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officers, including former state chief electoral officer S.K. Magan and former joint director of the Central Bureau of Investigation Sujit Ghosh were inducted into the party.
Meanwhile, some minority and religious organisations have opposed the BJP rally, accusing Modi of being communal and trying to divide the society on religious grounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad