Mohammed Azharuddin to contest from Bengal: Adhir Choudhury
Kolkata: Former Indian cricketer and Congress MP Mohammed Azharuddin would contest the next Lok Sabha polls from West Bengal on a Congress ticket, state Congress president Adhir Chowdhury said.
"He will contest from West Bengal. The constituencies of Basirhat, Barasat, Uluberia and Krishnanagar are being considered. But we want him to contest from Basirhat. Let`s see what happens," Chowdhury said.
Azaharuddin is a sitting Lok Sabha MP of Congress from Moradabad constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma