Mohammed Azharuddin to contest from Bengal: Adhir Choudhury
Kolkata: Former Indian cricketer and Congress MP Mohammed Azharuddin would contest the next Lok Sabha polls from West Bengal on a Congress ticket, state Congress president Adhir Chowdhury said.
"He will contest from West Bengal. The constituencies of Basirhat, Barasat, Uluberia and Krishnanagar are being considered. But we want him to contest from Basirhat. Let`s see what happens," Chowdhury said.
Azaharuddin is a sitting Lok Sabha MP of Congress from Moradabad constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players