Mohammed Azharuddin to contest from Bengal: Adhir Choudhury
Kolkata: Former Indian cricketer and Congress MP Mohammed Azharuddin would contest the next Lok Sabha polls from West Bengal on a Congress ticket, state Congress president Adhir Chowdhury said.
"He will contest from West Bengal. The constituencies of Basirhat, Barasat, Uluberia and Krishnanagar are being considered. But we want him to contest from Basirhat. Let`s see what happens," Chowdhury said.
Azaharuddin is a sitting Lok Sabha MP of Congress from Moradabad constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok