Mohammed Azharuddin to contest from Bengal: Adhir Choudhury
Kolkata: Former Indian cricketer and Congress MP Mohammed Azharuddin would contest the next Lok Sabha polls from West Bengal on a Congress ticket, state Congress president Adhir Chowdhury said.
"He will contest from West Bengal. The constituencies of Basirhat, Barasat, Uluberia and Krishnanagar are being considered. But we want him to contest from Basirhat. Let`s see what happens," Chowdhury said.
Azaharuddin is a sitting Lok Sabha MP of Congress from Moradabad constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly