Mohammed Azharuddin to contest from Bengal: Adhir Choudhury
Kolkata: Former Indian cricketer and Congress MP Mohammed Azharuddin would contest the next Lok Sabha polls from West Bengal on a Congress ticket, state Congress president Adhir Chowdhury said.
"He will contest from West Bengal. The constituencies of Basirhat, Barasat, Uluberia and Krishnanagar are being considered. But we want him to contest from Basirhat. Let`s see what happens," Chowdhury said.
Azaharuddin is a sitting Lok Sabha MP of Congress from Moradabad constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation