More arms seized in West Bengal, three skeletons dug up
Kolkata: Firearms and bombs were seized
from two CPI(M) party offices by the joint forces during
searches on Wednesday, while three skeletons were dug up by villagers
in the continuing hunt for illegal arms in West Bengal.
Two pistols and daggers were seized by the joint
forces and police from a CPI(M) party office at Bhajachawli
under Khejuri police station in East Midnapore district,
police sources said.
The joint forces also seized 10 bombs and lathis from
the CPI(M) party office at Hatiberia village on the outskirts
of Haldia town in the same district, the sources said.
Two guns and ammunition were found from a bag dug up
from the bank of a pond at Kalagachira, the sources said.
In Bankura district, 30 rounds of ammunition, five
muskets and a bag containing explosives was seized from the
garden house of CPI(M) panchayat samiti chairman, Lovkumar
Mondal, at Rajakata under Ranibandh police station, the
The hunt for arms led to the discovery of three
skeletons from the banks of the Kangsaboti river in West
Midnapore district, the sources said.
Altogether 1000 rounds of ammunition, 11 guns, gun
manufacturing equipment and 70 bombs were seized during
searches at Sahaspur under Anandapur police station and
Sarisakhola under Keshpur police station, Gourangapota under
Goaltore police station and Chandrakona town in the district,
the sources said.
A landmine was seized from Goaltore, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh