More arms seized in West Bengal, three skeletons dug up
Kolkata: Firearms and bombs were seized
from two CPI(M) party offices by the joint forces during
searches on Wednesday, while three skeletons were dug up by villagers
in the continuing hunt for illegal arms in West Bengal.
Two pistols and daggers were seized by the joint
forces and police from a CPI(M) party office at Bhajachawli
under Khejuri police station in East Midnapore district,
police sources said.
The joint forces also seized 10 bombs and lathis from
the CPI(M) party office at Hatiberia village on the outskirts
of Haldia town in the same district, the sources said.
Two guns and ammunition were found from a bag dug up
from the bank of a pond at Kalagachira, the sources said.
In Bankura district, 30 rounds of ammunition, five
muskets and a bag containing explosives was seized from the
garden house of CPI(M) panchayat samiti chairman, Lovkumar
Mondal, at Rajakata under Ranibandh police station, the
The hunt for arms led to the discovery of three
skeletons from the banks of the Kangsaboti river in West
Midnapore district, the sources said.
Altogether 1000 rounds of ammunition, 11 guns, gun
manufacturing equipment and 70 bombs were seized during
searches at Sahaspur under Anandapur police station and
Sarisakhola under Keshpur police station, Gourangapota under
Goaltore police station and Chandrakona town in the district,
the sources said.
A landmine was seized from Goaltore, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack