Most chit-funds came up during CPI(M) rule: Mukul
Chakdah (WB): Seeking to turn the tables on the Marxists for demanding CBI probe in the chit fund scam, Trinamool Congress leader Mukul Roy on late Saturday night alleged that most of the chit funds came up during the Left front regime.
"If the investigations start now, many CPI(M) leaders may come under net. The CPI(M) is demanding CBI inquiry to actually delay the probe process," the former union minister alleged at a rally here.
Slamming the opposition for dragging the name of his party leaders in the Saradha scandal, Roy asserted "I challenge them to prove the charges. If it is proved that me, or anybody of our party is involved with the scam, nobody will be spared."
On the panchayat polls, Roy said "We wanted to conduct the elections in February or March or April. But since that could not be possible, we will now hold elections on time"
Roy predicted that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will play a vital role in the coming Lok Sabha polls, in the forming of government.
He was optimistic about the outcome of the by-election to Howrah Lok Sabha constituency.
"We found that the percentage of vote bank have gone down for the CPI(M) and Congress in all recent assembly by-elections in the state. While the CPI(M)`s vote bank has decreased by 13 per cent, that of the Congress by seven per cent," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'