Mother detained for selling daughter
Krishnagar (WB): A woman was detained for allegedly selling her seven-month old daughter at Stationpara in Nadia district on Monday, police said.
Rinku Das (27), whose husband had deserted her, had sold the baby through a local fixer Madhab Saha, Superintendent of Police Sabyasachi Raman Mishra said. Saha too was detained.
One Apu Guha had bought the baby who was currently lodged in his house at Rajberia under Amdanga Police Station area in North 24 Parganas district. Steps were being taken to recover the baby, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje