Mother detained for selling daughter
Krishnagar (WB): A woman was detained for allegedly selling her seven-month old daughter at Stationpara in Nadia district on Monday, police said.
Rinku Das (27), whose husband had deserted her, had sold the baby through a local fixer Madhab Saha, Superintendent of Police Sabyasachi Raman Mishra said. Saha too was detained.
One Apu Guha had bought the baby who was currently lodged in his house at Rajberia under Amdanga Police Station area in North 24 Parganas district. Steps were being taken to recover the baby, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery