Mother detained for selling daughter
Krishnagar (WB): A woman was detained for allegedly selling her seven-month old daughter at Stationpara in Nadia district on Monday, police said.
Rinku Das (27), whose husband had deserted her, had sold the baby through a local fixer Madhab Saha, Superintendent of Police Sabyasachi Raman Mishra said. Saha too was detained.
One Apu Guha had bought the baby who was currently lodged in his house at Rajberia under Amdanga Police Station area in North 24 Parganas district. Steps were being taken to recover the baby, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'