Mother detained for selling daughter
Krishnagar (WB): A woman was detained for allegedly selling her seven-month old daughter at Stationpara in Nadia district on Monday, police said.
Rinku Das (27), whose husband had deserted her, had sold the baby through a local fixer Madhab Saha, Superintendent of Police Sabyasachi Raman Mishra said. Saha too was detained.
One Apu Guha had bought the baby who was currently lodged in his house at Rajberia under Amdanga Police Station area in North 24 Parganas district. Steps were being taken to recover the baby, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption