Mother detained for selling daughter
Krishnagar (WB): A woman was detained for allegedly selling her seven-month old daughter at Stationpara in Nadia district on Monday, police said.
Rinku Das (27), whose husband had deserted her, had sold the baby through a local fixer Madhab Saha, Superintendent of Police Sabyasachi Raman Mishra said. Saha too was detained.
One Apu Guha had bought the baby who was currently lodged in his house at Rajberia under Amdanga Police Station area in North 24 Parganas district. Steps were being taken to recover the baby, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- 'The Ring' co-star Anushka Sharma beats Shah Rukh Khan in 'Prague'! – Know how
- Indonesian church attacker ''obsessed'' with Islamic State leader: Senior minister
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen Army camp: Security official
- China's Xi Jinping reshuffles key party posts ahead of congress
- FIR filed against Vishal Dadlani, Tehseen Poonawalla over 'monkery' tweet on Jain religious leader