Mother throws child out of moving train
Barasat: In a bizarre incident, a mother flung her 20-month-old baby out of a moving train near Naihati station in North 24 Parganas district on Monday.
The child was rescued by co-passengers and admitted to Naihati State General Hospital.
The woman, Purnima Saha of Kalyani, had boarded the up Krishnagar Nagar suburban train from Naihati when the child landed on the tracks after being flung by her.
Superintendent of Railway police, Sealdah, Utpal Naskar said the woman was being interrogated.
The woman, who was travelling with the baby, is the mother of another 14-year-old daughter. Her husband who was on a visit to Tarapith, sells lottery tickets.
The husband has been asked to report to the SRP, Naskar said.
Naihati GRP sources said the woman was mentally unstable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands