MP-LAD scam main accused held in WB, 14 days` jail custody
Cooch Behar: The main accused in the MP-LAD scam in Cooch Behar, Pradip Chakraborty, was arrested from Jamaldaha in the district days after two left MPs leveled charges of the amount being siphoned off without their knowledge.
Chakraborty, picked up last midnight, was remanded to 14 days` police custody after being produced in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate of Cooch Behar on Wednesday.
An employee of the District Magistrate`s office, Chakraborty was named as the main suspect in the MP-LAD scam as per the FIR lodged by District Magistrate Mohan Gandhi on January 10 at Kotowali Police Station.
Since then, he could not be traced.
The total amount, allegedly syphoned off the MP-LAD fund of the two Rajya Sabha MPs - Tarini Roy of CPI(M) and Nripendra Nath Roy of FB was to the tune of Rs 7 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report